Film The first Blade film managed to be a contemporary Vampire film without straying into Buffyworld. But it was still fun and funny. Now about that sequel, Mr. Goyer: "The truth is, I’m not doing that much more than I was on the first film. On Blade as involved much more than a writer might have been, but now it’s been formalized. The first thing that I did, along with Peter Frankfurt, was to pick the director for Blade 2. I sat in on all the budgeting meetings and special effects meetings, and I go to the editing room and the music meetings and the postproduction meetings. We’re a team, so the big choices -- casting and whatnot -- Peter and Guillermo and Wesley and I sit down and look at everything together. Obviously a writer wouldn’t be doing that, so in that aspect I’m functioning as a producer."

No comments: