What? 'Think and Link' on World Aids Day 2001.
Why? I've always tried to keep myself within the blogging community, even if I make a point of not linking to things I've found elsewhere much. This seemed like a good cause, although when the day came I wimped out with this post:
"Aids I've been thinking all week about what I was going to write today and eventually realised that I don't have anything to say. I know other webloggers will have stories of friends and familly who've been effected by the disease. Some will offer statistics. But I find myself, for once, speechless. So I think all I can offer is that it's in my thoughts as it should be in yours. I'd be wearing a ribbon with pride if I could find one anywhere ... which sort of proves that Aids has drifted off the agenda lately ... link and think ..."
I've been lucky in that no one close has been struck down by this thing so had no personal perspective to offer. On reflection this wasn't the best logo in the world (just modifying someone elses) but it could have been a lot worse.
first appeared 1st December 2001; finally

No comments: