Competition Aaron from the Den of Ubiquity is the latest (and so far only) entrant to the sidebar competition:
"You know, I don't know if I remember anymore precisely what led to the title "The Den of Ubiquity". I think I had just discovered the word "ubiquitous", or at least been reminded of it, and the obvious connection to "Den of Iniquity". Later, someone who had encountered me in quick succession on several Usenet newsgroups penned "Alfvaen Is Everywhere", which is linked off my main web page. (For the days when I had so much time...)

Before that, I called it "The Temple of Azpiazu". I go into this off my web page as well, but basically Azpiazu was a name I ran across in the contributors to the first volume of the Bulwer-Lytton Contest, 'It Was A Dark And Stormy Night'. I liked it, and tended to use it in my fantasy fiction(especially that written for alt.pub.dragons-inn)for the name of the God of Chaos. Hence, the temple. But I was never quite comfortable, as an atheist, with the pseudoreligious connotations.

As for "Alfvaen", that one's _also_ explained on my web pages. In a nutshell, it's a D&D character name that I got from Janet Kagan's incredible SF novel 'Hellspark'. Alfvaen was my favourite character, and I've written at least one story about his development. He wasn't one of those heroic types--he was, well, sardonic, and generally tormented. Sort of like Mat Cauthon in Robert Jordan's series, if that signifies at all.

Not very interesting, really, but thought I'd try..."
That closing date is getting nearer. So come on if you think your hard enough ...

No comments: