Lunchtime I'm hunched over a machine on a coffee table in the reception of Radio Merseyside, it's free, but the screen could do with a clean. My mobile phone rang at work earlier. The phone ringing is frowned upon in a call centre for obvious reasons so I had to cancel the call. But it was the number was withheld so now I'm wondering who might have been trying to contact me. No one at home (the usual answer) so I'm a bit intrigued. Worked some overtime until late last night. Jumped a cab home and ended up talking to the taxi driver about the weather (which seems to be the main topic with everyne at the moment) and descibing how I'd heard that in Mesopatania rain was a sign of the gods crying. I'm not sure if this is actually true, but it sounds as though it should be and he didn't correct me. It seems sometimes as though historians could fake an entire ancient civilisation if they wanted to and none of us would know any different.

No comments: