Life I have a new bed. During my life I've had about seven beds, but only one was a bought one. All of the others have been hand me downs from relatives and sort of relatives. None have been that good, all cardboard and plywood, and most have been lumpy and uncomfortable. At one point I got so cheesed with the whole thing, I just slept on a mattress on the floor, which was fine until I tried to sit on the edge of the bed and realised ....

Unlike all the others, this is a metal frame base, rather than a wooden box and it just feels more substantial. And also, because it's got a head and foot board, I won't be waking up in the middle of the night because my matress has fallen so far forward my pillows have dropped down behind.

I really like my new room with its white walls, wooden floor and now metal frame bed. With the other furniture it's good mix between the old and the new and now that not every wall is filled with book shelves, it feels like a good extension of me. All I need to do now is work out how to put my pictures up without ruining the plaster work.

No comments: