Life Nothing odder than leaving work at 10pm. Odder still that it's my last day before my annual birthday week off (you mean people out there choose to work on their birthday?). With work over I feel relaxed, weight lifted off the shoulders. I think the issue most of us have with work is how if we aren't careful it restricts our freedom. We get up at the same time every morning, so that we can get the same mode of transport into work at the same time. Then leave work so that we can eat tea at the usual time and go to bed at such and such an hour so that we can get enough sleep to we aren't tired the following morning for the inevitable repeat. For me at least, holidays (or vacations) are about changing the routine. Getting up when you like, doing what you want, when you want. And to be able to do that on my birthday is bliss.

No comments: