Music The majoriy of this NewsDay column might be interesting to White Stripes die hards, but its the single of the week section which offered one of my best laughs of the day:
"(Avril) Lavigne's new single, "Don't Tell Me" (Arista), sounds like Alanis Morissette covering Sheryl Crow doing a public service announcement for abstinence, with a chorus of "Did you think that I was going to give it up to you, this ti-ee-i-ee-ime? Did you think it was something I was gonna do?" It's bland and pandering, but some kids like that."
I think I'm possibly one of those kids. Which feels incredibly sad. Although I am thinking of buying the Amy Winehouse album on the strength of her appearance of Never Mind The Buzzcocks (it hadn't occured to me she'd be daft as brush) so perhaps the cools kids will let me play with their football again after all.

No comments: