Blog! For new readers (are there any?) when I blogged every day without fail, I had a blog of the day feature in which I linked an showcased what others were doing and commented on what they said. The archive of those posts is here. Anyway, I've been feeling a bit guilty of late that I haven't been linking elsewhere as much as I should so its time for the slightly less regular v2.

First out of the gate is Today In Alternate History, blogging the what if: For example:
"in 1984, John Lennon, an obscure musician who had once been in a band with international sensation Pete Best, writes a tell-all book about Best, detailing their crazy life in Hamburg, Germany, and their rough-and-tumble beginnings in Liverpool, England. The book, I Want To Tell You, is an international best-seller."

"in 2003, NASA detects movement in the Cydonia region of Mars as the Martian natives begin to rise from their centuries-long sleep. The first of many hostile ships is launched from the surface of the planet towards Earth."
Funny, original and literate.

2 comments:

Alien Truther said...

Thanks for the reference, and the compliment. You must be the one responsible for all the people across the Atlantic who suddenly started looking at the site. I appreciate it! Even if one of them refuses to believe in an alternate history where Pete Best could ever become a star...

Stuart Ian Burns said...

My pleasure. Its a great blog ...