Film Music The AFI has released a list of the Top 100 film songs. Mostly quite fair actually for a change -- it takes cultural impact and quality as a guideline, and although musicals are included they haven't swamped the list. To give a more personal top ten as a contrast (although keeping the US only rule):

Let My Love Open The Door (Grosse Point Blank)
I Think I Love You (Scream 2)
Almost Like Being In Love (Groundhog Day)
Dyslexic Heart (Singles)
Save Me {Magnolia)
Feel Like Fred Astaire (Martha, Meet Frank, Daniel and Lawrence)
Stay (Reality Bites)
You + Me Song (Baz Lurhmann's Romeo and Juliet)
Across The Universe (Pleasantville)
The End (Apocalypse Now)

Just off the top of my head. Actually I'm amazed that last one isn't in there anyway. Especially since My Heart Will effing Go On did! [via]

No comments: