"Total."

Life The two minutes silence at eleven o'clock today only re-inforced how actually very lucky I am. Despite my supposed lack of forward motion, I'm alive and healthy. The only thing I'm fighting is boredom; we were remembering people for home the age I've reached was an unfortunate impossibility. It's difficult to express how grateful I am that I can sit here at this table writing these words because of someone else's sacrifice. Anything I saw is facile and stupid. The problem is the war continues -- somewhere in the world people are taking up arms to defend an ideal, in some cases without having a choice in the matter. It's horrible and sad that at no point in our history has everyone everywhere known what total peace is actually like. And for some reason I've a feeling it's going to get much, much worse. And as usual I'm hopeless and helpless.

No comments: