It's like y'know...

Life The need to collect. I suppose there is a gene in some of us which leads us to keep wanting variations on something. My Mum knows someone who collects owls. She has many of them, wooden, porcelain, on plates. No real ones of course. Think of the feathers on the carpet. As you'd expect, I'm a collector too, but I'm not really one for decorative arts so like Joe Williams I tend to pick something to be experienced, and go with that. So I'm collecting all of Woody Allen's films on dvd. This isn't all that easy, because some like Stardust Memories isn't out on region two dvd -- how odd is that? But it'll be exciting at some point in the future to sit down and watch the span of a man's life's work on film, be able to note when things went wrong, and when everything went right. I wonder if, when he's got all thousand Joe will listen to his collection in order. I'd like to know what he finds out about us. [via Sore Eyes]

1 comment:

Joe Williams said...

Hi, thanks for the link. I certainly will be listening to all the Number Ones in a row when I've finished, though probably not all in one go as that would mean not sleeping for about three days ;-)