"Lightning bolts."

Life For what's supposed to be a romantic comedy, Four Weddings and a Funeral effected me greatly yesterday and reminded me once again of the things which are missing or haven't quite added together for me yet. Although I'm firmly with the lightning bolt theory of true love, this speech from the character of Tom just after the funeral sort of always seems to sum things up:
"I always just hoped that, that I'd meet some nice friendly girl, like the look of her, hope the look of me didn't make her physically sick, then pop the question and, um, settle down and be happy. "
I'm quite a lonely person really I suppose and it's partly my fault. Silly. His other line also seems to ring true: "The great advantage of having a reputation for being stupid: People are less suspicious of you. "

No comments: