Bookstore

Life I've been finding it extraordinarily difficult to write lately. It's been torture. I've been lacking an inspiration and an affinity for it which was there before. I feel as though the vocabulary has dropped out of my brain, the ability to construct decent sentences and even worse to have a valid original thought and be able to communicate it. Moments have been happening which I've wanted to write about and once it gets to the point when I want to tell you about it, I've been unable to find the words. I just feel deeply inarticulate, as though there's a wall stopping the idea becoming a interesting piece of writing. I look at some of the recent work I've posted and here are some recent examples. Each seems to begin well, then lose its way then end abruptly. But I'm not sure what else I can do. This has been neglected as well. I've been in a slump before (see late 2003) but this seems more -- sustained.

So I'm going to take a break from the blog for a few days to see if I can get my mojo back and sort some other things out ...

1 comment:

GJH said...

I'll be sorry if you stop bogging for a while-I read your writing regularly and do enjoy what you say. So much of what you write about Strikes a personal chord. Make sure you come back soon. You're m.ssed.