A Dream Upon Waking

Life This is my city? This is my city. Two hundred thousand people waiting for the Liverpool team bus to arrive singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Even watching this at home, I felt the sounds and emotion bleed through the speakers on my tv set. I wasn't there, despite the occasion because it didn't feel right -- a life long football agnostic (and partial Everton supporter) in the middle of that crowd. Plus the nightmare of getting home didn't seem like something I wanted to contemplate. I'm a bit of a wuss that way. I did wonder how Rogers and Hammerstein, Gerry Marsden and Eric Idle would feel if they'd been there to hear that choir singing their songs. I'm about ten minutes from the city centre, and even up here in the sky with my window open I can hear the car horns honking as they pass-by on the main road. Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there by the Jolly Miller. Sureal doesnt even come close !