Arbitration

TV Excellent huge interview with Joss Whedon which concentrates on his film work, particular script doctoring. Lot's of new information. I mean the man once pitched for Batman ...
" It was right when they first starting talking about making another 'Batman' movie, and there was no director attached. And I can tell you exactly when I pitched it because - funny little story - my agent said, 'You know, I wouldn?t call you. I know you don?t want to do other people?s stuff, but it?s Batman, and I figured I?d mention it. They want to do something.' I?m like, 'Well, I guess you?d have to ?Year-One? it because, I mean, you can?t go any further in the direction they?ve gone.' He?s like, 'Well, y?know, whatever.' I?m like, 'Y?know, I?m not going to think about it.' And then I talked to my wife, and she?s like, 'Dude.' And she doesn?t even like comic books. She was like, 'No. Are you kidding? It?s Batman!'"
Careful with the bit about 'Serenity' though. Very spoilery. [via]

No comments: