I'm from a distant planet.

Life Another author book reading at Blackwells tonight, this time Felice Picano, a sort of sci-fi, perhaps supernatural fiction writer from Los Angeles. Although a search at Amazon throws up the odd publication he failed to mention. He seemed slightly dazed to be in Manchester. Either that are just masking the disappointment that his audience consisted of the staff who were working the night and me, the sole member of public. The stories he read from his book Tales: from a distant planet seemed intriguing especially the second which had elements of time travel and ghost stories, but in the end I didn't buy the book. I'm not sure when I would have had time to read it. Had an odd conversation with the representation from his publisher, French Connection. Without guidance I thought it was a new venture for the clothing firm, but its actually a film and media company. I asked her if they'd had any phone calls or contact from fcuk and she said they hadn't. Seems odd.

No comments: