Or as I've taken to calling it (in an American accent) 'The Oh Looord'



TV Yes, so lately I've been watching The L Word. It's good. Really, really good. Even taking into account my flirtations with Star Trek: Enterprise, its been a while since I've taken to a programme in this way. I think it's because it treats the audience with some respect and assumes some intelligence of us. In the last episode I watched there was a Godart reference and before then 'googling' was mentioned. All we need now is for Shane to start writing an blog. It's not often I've heard this in a drama, especially something mainstream. Which I don't really think this ... but I digress. The acting is suburb as is the writing, and not since Firefly have I seen something so free and easy with its story structure and character development.

The reason I'm diving in and finally posting about it and recommending it to you is that apart from anything else is a wild hive of odd guest casting. In the first season alone, I've counted at least four main players from Battlestar Galactica (Crewman Cally, Col. Saul Tigh and Chief Petty Officer Galen Tyrol), Snoop Dogg, Anne Archer and Rosanna Arquette (doing what appears to be an impression of Sarah Michelle Gellar). But in the middle of all that is Devon Gummersall (My So-Called Life's Brian Krakow) playing Lisa - the male orientated lesbian. I mean really. If anyone has been wondering what happened to Brian after the whole Angela/Jordan/letter incident, the answer was right here ...

No comments: