gripes

Music Flicking through the television channels this morning whilst I was cleaning my teeth, I happened upon the promo for the Sugababes new single Red Dress and something occured to me -- what happens when a group changes members during the single release schedule for a new album? Amelle's there on the video and habing been listening to the song on my mp3 player this week it was obvious that it sounded different, Mutya's vocals had gone and been replaced. They really sounded different, not in that original 'Where's Siobhan Doherty gone?' way but certainly enough to give the track a different texture. I wonder what a new version of Taller in More Ways would be like...

Quick google search later and here it is...

Is it worth buying a whole other version? I mean I know there's a whole new singer giving input but how different can they be? Not very, according to a reviewer at Amazon...

"One of my gripes with this album is that Amelle didn't re-record the entire album. This seems very half-assed and lazy in my opinion and doesn't warrant a 2nd purchase for those who own the original release. It's also a shame, because Amelle has a great voice and by having her re-record the entire album - it would've given me (along with many others) another reason to buy the record, as well as cement her as a Sugababe."

Just buying the newly released singles then ...

No comments: