not different enough

Music Oh good lord. Unlike the rest of the country and in an effort not to be addicted to Big Brother this year, I'm watching The Eurovision Song Contest Semi-Final. As I ponder why it just has to be so relentlessly awful and why Wogan clone Paddy O'Connell just isn't quite as good I notice that someone called Kate Ryan is singing for Belgium. I recognise the name. Then I recognise the face. Then I run to my cd collection.



I bought the thing from Vinyl Exchange in Manchester about three years ago, listened to it once, then dumped it on the shelf where its sat ever since. I've just played it again (briefly) and sure enough just as I remember its an hour of dodgy europop. But that doesn't detract from the fact that I have an album from a Eurovision performer in my collection. Not sure what she's been up to since different was released in 2002 but she hasn't aged. I'll let you know if Martina Sorbara, Abigail Hopkins or Jane Child, some of my other cheap cd purchasing experiments, show up.

No comments: