Bookshelves

Life Today I sat in between bookshelves looking up at books by Kant, Derrida, Foucalt, Jameson and Lyotard and wondered what had happened. But then I realised that I was back at university to be challenged and if I really didn't understand much of The Postmodern Condition then at least I was trying. And there were always many people who have understood it willing to publish book with their thoughts.

I was watching Big Brother tonight and again I wondered what happened. On the principal that it hasn't been all that interesting since John Tickle or Nush failed to win, I've been disengaged from the whole thing (evidenced by the lack of writing on the subject here). But really every now and then I've found myself stuck watching it tonight with all its hypnotic draw -- I have much the same reaction to property shows.

They just all seem slightly, wierd in their own particular ways. How old is Aisleyne and why does she cry so? Is this entertainment now? I've just clicked onto the offical website to put a name to faces and there are so many housemates that have them on a scrolly bar at the top of the page. Oh well Susie to win on the basis that she's from Liverpool and seemed quite sensible.

Meanwhile, a voice in Atlanta spoke out against his classmates at graduation because they just didn't seem to think too much. Best get back to reading. On Friday.

No comments: