Liverpool Splendor

Life My old friend Fani is back in the country and is visiting Liverpool. Long term readers will remember how devastating it was when she left and yet there she waved looking almost completely the same, standing in the doorway of Lewis's. We both agreed we'd each put on a bit of weight. She talked about my hair being slightly longer -- I was simply wigged out that she was there. We each pinched each other to make sure.

It's funny how even after a couple of years people can fall back into patterns. I think I've changed but being around her I've realised that actually parts of me haven't changed a bit. Somehow I still managed to make a whole Costa Coffee shop turn and look when I shouted her name across to our table seats in the window to ask if she wanted a muffin (her name is pronounced to rhyme with nanny). I'm still better at giving advice when asked rather than following my own common sense.

And now she's going again, back down south. I've only seen her for a few hours (she is staying with other friends) but everything I said in those two linked posts above still stands. It really doesn't help that I think I'm on the tail end of a cold so not exactly in the altogether -- also the reason I didn't attend the Manchester Blog Awards. After watching American Splendor tonight I'm beginning to hope that this isn't just a state of mind.

No comments: