Links for 2007-03-04 [del.icio.us] - Rmail

  • Liverpool Web Site and Forum: Sefton Park railings
    AskMe-style discussion about the holes in the wall around Sefton Park, Liverpool.
  • filmlog: Inherit the Wind (1960)
    Still a remarkable film for all the monotone approach to religion & politics with amazing performances from Tracy and March. If I could criticise it's that sometimes the histrionics and shouting drown out the message.
  • filmlog: Jurassic Park III (2001)
    Partly written by Alexander Payne (between 'Election' and 'About Schmidt'). Certainly a hell of a lot better than it could have been thanks to some fun performances and tight direction and a development of the creature concepts.
  • Mustard: R.I.P. NEON Magazine
    Nice, short appreciation of the best film magazine few have read. Think 'Hotdog' but actually good.
  • Google Search: "neon magazine" article film
    Some of their journalism lives on throughout the web. One day I might try and see if I can reconstruct a few issues using bootleg online data.
  • Rolling Stone : Q&A: Norah Jones
    "I don't consider myself in the same league as all those great old records. That album wasn't made with pop goals, but it was made with different goals than most of those jazz records. I consider myself lucky."
  • No comments: