"You simply reheat at your convenience and enjoy fantastic food in the comfort of your own home." -- Break Bread website

Life In heavy withdrawal after the end of The Proms -- I'm getting really testy and lost at about 7:30 each evening and wondering what do with myself. Last night it resulted in watching Terry Gilliam's The Brother's Grimm which is probably his most disappointing film and feels like someone trying to make a Terry Gilliam-style film in the same way that Miami Rhapsody is like someone trying to make a Woody Allen film -- you get the idea. Needless to say, I've been looking for something to keep me busy.

I've been posting to Behind The Sofa a lot and inadvertently won a competition in which the two-thousandth post led to a copy of the next Doctor Who boxset, The Key To Time. I never win anything. I've been doing the lottery with the same numbers for over ten years and I think I've only amassed fifty pounds in the period. Oh and a video on Radio Five ages ago which didn't arrive. So needless to say I'm very excited and embarrassed and ....

We bought tea from Break Bread which as their website describes: "Merseyside's premium quality meal preparation and delivery service. From our oven straight to your home or workplace - restaurant quality food - no fuss. It's perfect if you don't always have the time to cook from fresh ingredients every night." This is like a slightly more expensive take away or ready meal and the food is indeed restaurant quality.

A Malaysian chicken curry was ordered (a light curry with fresh ginger, coriander, lime, coconut, bok choi & roasted peppers) and it came in a long plastic box which you heat (carefully) in the microwave. Probably one of the nicest meals I've had in ages and we'll certainly be trying the delivery option next time. No minimum order apparently and they do breakfasts...

No comments: