Life I like clouds. I like the way that they'll often just sit in the sky above, unmoving, seemingly fixed points and yet on average they only exist in their present state for about ten minutes before they transform into something new. Sometimes the wind shifts their structure, sometimes they hammer towards us as rain, sometimes they fill the sky, almost letting you know what kind of day its going to be. They're a constant reminder that everything changes and there's nothing you can do about it.

But today, at midday, they were gone. I looked upwards and the earth's ceiling was simply light blue in all directions. I've heard the phrase 'not a cloud in the sky' but this is the first time I remember noticing their absence. I took a photograph but all it looks like is a screenshot from a certain Derek Jarman film. Then, sure enough, the wind above shifted and the familiar wisps returned. I decided it was going to rain tomorrow. The weather forecast on the radio agrees with me. Good job I like rain too.

No comments: