Why isn't he sitting in the middle of the frame?

The 12 Dumbest Spider-Man Stories Ever (Besides the Clone Saga)
I think this might the best top ten I've seen on Topless Robot. Perfectly captures the senselessness which develops when you've a range of writers working on a property and no clear direction.

Bring On the Puppy and the Rookie
Maureen Dowd is my new favourite political writer. Expect me to be posting this kind of thing for the next eight years, all being well.

Obama's Triumph Is America's Too
And another one, this time from Elizabeth Wurtzel, who ruminates on his background.

Your Weekly Address from the President-elect
Anyone else reminded of the broom cupboard from 80s Children's BBC? Why isn't he sitting in the middle of the frame? Where's Gordon? Still, he's broadcasting to the world via YouTube which gives us another reason to love him. And now get your song sheets ready ... "Children of the Sun, see your time has just begun, searching for your way, through adventures every day ..."

Has Jamie's Ministry of Food worked in Rotherham?
I had a frozen pizza for tea tonight with extra frozen mushrooms. Does that count?

In a completely different universe...
Simon Pegg offers some Star Wars fan fiction. "Oh man! It's boring on Tatooine. And what about all the sandpeople? You have to make that funny noise to scare them off and I can't do it because I've got a deviated septum."

Ashes to Ashes segment for Children in Need
What's going on with Chris's hair!?! The other notable is that Richard Hammond doesn't just look like a tv presenter. He actually seems to be giving a proper performance and a funny one at that. Next Doctor?

Sign language strangles cinema
I suppose you can guess what my attitude to this is. It's not so much that it's happening which is admirable, it's that it always seems to happen during films which are hardly ever on television or not out on dvd, in other words, the kind of thing which is shown in the middle of the night. Imagine if the BBC tried on the big Christmas movie.

TV 101: How Friends caused the current financial crisis (OR: Say it ain't so, Joe the Actor)
Finally decided to invest in the complete box set which is suddenly £50 everywhere, a whole decade's worth of entertainment in the right order. My luck it'll have gone up in price by the time I stumble into HMV next week. Zavvi?

Mysterious Infrared Aurora Glows at Saturn's North Pole
"ROSS: Well? Isn't that amazing?
JOEY: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
CHANDLER: I dunno, but.. I think it's about to attack the Enterprise.
PHOEBE: You know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.
ROSS: Then don't do that, alright?
PHOEBE: Okay!"
(can't wait)

DIY Daily Express
Pointedly misses out the other major story. You know the one.

used to be off broadway
I've walked from films and theatre before but never concerts and certainly not for reasons as poignant as this.

Now, I'm off to play 99 Bricks again and again to cheer myself up.

1 comment:

last year's girl said...

Oh, goodness! Thank you for the link, I'm glad you liked the post :)