more pertinent than ever


Pilgrim Street Liverpool, originally uploaded by ijob.


Liverpool Vodaphone advert with Jon Pertwee and Kyle MacLachlan
For years I thought this was for British Gas. With social networking, the advertising slogan is probably more pertinent than ever (the above photo is from 2006).

All Music Is The Same Four Chords
Scream as Axis of Awesome reveal some of your favourite music as the plagiarist sham it is. "Oh no", you'll shout, "Not Torn!" I'm just surprised someone else has heard of Missy Higgins. In the comments there's also a video demonstrating that everything else is Pachelbel's Canon.
Related: Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now and Now Coldplay Sound Like Everyone Else

Bumped
Or how Andrew Collins almost appeared on BBC News to talk about the Golden Globe nominations.

Cablevision and the infinite TiVo
John August discusses the implications of everything on-demand television in the US.

Something Awful: WWF Wrestlemania
"When the title screen's music started up with the traditional thump thump thump thump thump thump SUPER HARDCORE MIDI, I had my misgivings. But after that, the music in Wrestlemania became oddly cheerful. It reminded me less of a death match and more of a pleasant tea party between a couple of kind-hearted princesses. Then you realize each princess has six heads and a segmented thorax leaking chromatic pus because you're on a fucking acid trip."

10 freaky finds inside shark stomachs
Not to be read before or after a meal.

Top 5 worst New Year's Eves
Sadly Robyn's not writing for Dollymix any longer, a day I knew would come, so I saved this vintage post to read later. I'll not go into details, but similar experiences are the reason I've pretty much given up on New Year myself. You always think people are having a better time than you are.

No comments: