I do own

Film The Times have published a list of what they consider to be the best hundred films this decade (a list I wouldn't obviously have seen unless I'd paid for a subscription to the website under the upcoming regime or therefore link to, but I digress). It's simpler if I mention the ones I haven't seen:

Morvern Callar
Time and Winds
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
Le Grand Voyage
The Beat That My Heart Skipped
The Hurt Locker
The Class
Persepolis
Gomorrah
Waltz with Bashir
L'enfant
The Son’s Room
Capturing the Friedmans
Iraq in Fragments
Downfall
This Is England
Borat
Hunger

Some of which I do own but haven't gotten around to yet (still Pushing Daisies). Quite what Borat is doing there and not Shortbus, Of Time And The City or Serenity. It's all subjective.

7 comments:

Demian said...

No Kaurismäki - shocking!

Sophie said...

Probably because Borat will go down as one of the best comedy films of all time let alone the last 10 years !

Talia said...

I had only seen 18 of them :(

Most importantly WHERE IS DE-LOVELY?

Stuart Ian Burns said...

@Sophie Borat? Really?

@Talia Well, yes, exactly. Misunderstood and highly underrated film. Add The Fountain too.

Sophie said...

Yes really. If you had watched it you might agree ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh and... Where is K-Pax? Although I think I was the only person who enjoyed that :(

Annette said...

See Persepolis, definitely.