Japanese title cards

Film Having watched the whole of Max Mon Amour this afternoon I can tell you that everything you need to know about it is in this trailer. Despite the Japanese title cards, it's fairly clear what is being implied, and you'd be right. The director, Nagisa Ôshima, who previously released Ai no corrida and Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, did not work for another thirteen years:



Some answers to your questions.

(a) Yes.
(b) Yes, indeed.
(c) 18 certificate.
(d) No. Though the husband hires a prostitute to see if it's even possible.
(e) Laughed all of the way through. Mostly because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Sometimes it looks like a comedy, but everything is being played very, very straight.
(f) A Disney film. Or Bunuel.
(g) Yes, despite all of that, I still feel like I've seen everything now.
(h) £7.98.

No comments: