mild to career ending peril

Sport The Vuvuzela was invented by Freddie Mac, sorry, Freddie Maake and some will be pleased to know that he went to jail for it (sort of):
"I do recommend some basic rules when it comes to using it, though – you shouldn't blow one directly into anyone's ear, for example, nor should you ever sound a vuvuzela during a country's national anthem. There has been talk of a ban, but that will never happen while I'm still alive – no government will stop it. The vuvuzela is my baby and I'd happily go to jail for it. Actually, I have been locked up already, for 20 minutes – in 1992, I took my vuvuzela to Zimbabwe, but only after falling foul of the authorities at the airport, who initially insisted I couldn't take it on to the plane."
Thank goodness that's over. I did watch but mostly listen to the World Cup final last night, and what a boring, listless affair it was, save for incidents of mild to career ending peril inflicted by the Dutch players, obviously.

No comments: