"you know this Dr Pam, I don't know too much about her"

Showbiz I'm not really a fan of these kinds of stories, but I am a fan of misunderstandings. The Guardian reports that Katie Price pulled out of an interview with Dr Pamela Connelly at the Edinburgh Festival today. They don't add much detail as to why, but they don't really have after including the following three paragraphs in an interview with Price last Monday which was presumably the point of the interview last Monday given that The Guardian is sponsoring the event:
It is in this context, then, that she will give a live televised interview to Dr Pamela Stephenson Connolly at the Edinburgh television festival later this month. Connolly's Shrink Rap series of celebrity encounters are notionally psychotherapeutic, and more searching than the OK! interviews with which Price is more familiar, so I'm curious to know why she has agreed to it. But it transpires that Price is under the impression that her interviewer will be someone else altogether – an agony aunt called Dr Pam from a commercial radio station.

"Now, you know this Dr Pam, I don't know too much about her, did she used to do Heart? Was she the agony aunt from that? She's got long blond hair? Yeah, I used to listen to her on Heart, she's got an American accent? Yeah I used to like listening to her, she was quite reasonable." I ask if she has laid down any advance parameters or rules for the encounter.

"No, I never do that, never," she says flatly. "I don't mind anyone asking me any questions, I've got nothing to hide. I like it to be as real as it is, that's what I call an interview. I'm not someone who's like right, you can't ask this, that, this, that, this, that. It's got to be a real interview. I've literally got nothing to hide. You can ask any question you like."
Oh dear. Was it after the interview? When the interview was published? Or was it when she reached Edinburgh? At what point did Katie change her mind and will we see it in an ITV2 documentary?

No comments: