it omits the more obvious Scarlet Johannson


A Retrospective of Woody Allen Surrogates from FilmDrunkDotCom on Vimeo.

Film When I was watching all of the Woody Allen's films in order (although I still am technically, I suppose) one of the casting elements I always looked out for was which of the characters was the surrogate for Woody himself. What's brilliant about this retrospective is that it realises Rebecca Hall was one of them, perhaps having noticed the expression her face in the plane sequence from Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which just is eerie. Though as a comment person on the Gothamist post where I found this notes, it omits the more obvious Scarlett Johansson in Scoop. And also Sarah Jessica Parker in Miami Rhapsody, but since that was a surrogate for a whole Woody Allen film, that's probably understandable.

No comments: