Blog North #2 runs on Saturday 4 August 2012 at Tate Liverpool
After the success of the first of our blog events in May, we bring you our second, a mix of professional workshops and networking, specially designed to support you in your blogging adventures. This time, the focus is on digital tricks and tools, and how to use social media to make sure that your carefully-crafted posts reach the readership they deserve. The venue is rather special, too: the glorious Tate Liverpool, with your ticket price including access to its summer blockbuster exhibition, Turner Monet Twombly: Later Paintings (worth £12).
The day’s workshops are:
- Cutting edge social tools for a better online life. The Next Web’s Martin Bryant discusses the latest tools and trends online and how they can improve both your professional and personal life;
- Is Twitter working hard enough for you? By Emma Bearman, a leading social media consultant and the brains behind influential blog The Culture Vulture.
- Love your blog Q&A. Learn how to step up a gear from the founders of Liverpool online art magazine, The Double Negative. Laura Robertson and Mike Pinnington outline how they turned blogging into a profession.
The day’s networking and social stuff includes:Booking details plus full itinerary are at Creative Tourist. Tickets are £25 plus £2.25 booking fee.
- Lunch provided by Tate Liverpool, with your fellow Blog Northers and culture blogs Creative Tourist, The Culture Vulture and The Double Negative, and Tate staff;
- Free entry to the Tate’s summer exhibition (worth £12);
- An optional networking session hosted by The Double Negative, Liverpool’s online art magazine, and friends;
- You’ll also get a goody bag, an info pack to help you blog about the day, and free tea and coffee.
- It is quite a packed day – and all this costs just £25 (plus booking fees; 10% discount for Blog North members).