Hadley on Ferris.

Film One of my favourite writers ever on the internet, Hadley Freeman, talks about one of my favourite films ever, Ferris Bueller's Day Off:
"I can say with some certainty that there is no movie I have seen more times than Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. In fact, I might have seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off more times than any other person on this planet, including the late John Hughes. When I was nine years old, my mother bought me the thrillingly grown up looking video cassette of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and, as soon as I put it in the family Beta Max (yes, I am actually Beta Max old) I fell in love for the first time. I don’t think I had a crush on Matthew Broderick, exactly (I was a very slow developer in that sense and, c’mon, I was only nine), and it’s not that I even wanted to be Ferris Bueller: it was more that Ferris was my ideal older brother and his Day Off was exactly what my nine year old brain fancied having an older brother would be like."
It's worth it for the final pay-off and the other pieces which are totally new to me (the Brad Pitt rumour especially). While I haven't seen Ferris nearly as much (it's one of those films I love so much I don't want to over watch it to keep it special), I can did mirror Hadley's behaviour with Adventures in Babysitting which I watched every Saturday night for nearly two years. I did have a crush on Elizabeth Shue.

No comments: