Elizabeth Wurtzel on Lou Reed.

Film The Scandinavian dvd version my completist gene bought (before it turned up on Netflix) sits there looking at me, or rather Christina Ricci's nude body does, but my loyalty to Elizabeth Wurtzel stops me from watching it. And yet ...
"... he performed “Perfect Day” in the film version of my book Prozac Nation, which was not necessarily the best use of his time. Oh, well. It made sense as a plot turn in the movie, because the first thing I ever wrote for The Harvard Crimson, in October of my freshman year, was a record review of a career retrospective of his, and that essay won me the 1985 Rolling Stone College Journalism Award. From there I started writing music journalism for the ultimate magazine to write for at the time. So I suppose I owe him one and then some."
No, actually, nothing short of Elizabeth Wurtzel herself telling me to watch the Prozac Nation film would make me watch the Prozac Nation film. And yet...

No comments: