"Joel Cohen"

Film Bill Murray's Reddit AMA was predictably brilliant. Here are just his answers which includes an extended anecdote about making Garfield:
"I only read a few pages of it, and I kind of wanted to do a cartoon movie, because I had looked at the screenplay and it said "Joel Cohen" on it.

"And I wasn't thinking clearly, but it was spelled Cohen, not Coen.

"I love the Coen brothers movies. I think that Joel Coen is a wonderful comedic mind.

So I didn't really bother to finish the script, I thought "he's great, I'll do it." So then it was months before i got around to actually doing it, and I remember i had to go to a screening room in somewhere, and watch the movie and start working. And because they had had trouble contacting me, they asked my friend Bobby to help corral the whole situation together. So Bobby was there, and you know when you're looping a movie you're rerecording to a picture?"
And things spiral onward from there. I agree with him about Jennifer Love Hewlett too. I just wish her agent or her had a better eye for material so that when she plays Audrey Hepburn in a biopic people watch it for the right reasons.

No comments: