The Cavalier Rose?

TV Despite my philosophical problems with the design of the BBC Arts website, there's no denying the quality of the some of the content which is bubbling up there.

 In the past few days they've posted the whole of Glyndebourne's most recent production of Der Rosenkavalier introduced by Katie Derham available to watch for the next three months.

It's the contextual spin-off from BBC Four's documentary, Glyndebourne: The Untold History, which I'm looking forward to watching tonight.

 Even though I can't really get along with it properly yet - I'm at the appreciation end of the Gere scale:

As his character says in Pretty Woman: "People's reactions to opera the first time they see it is very dramatic; they either love it or they hate it. If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they may learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul."

I have nevertheless become fascinated with the production and history of opera recently which isn't something I thought would be possible even a couple of years ago.

Last week I read the special free Glyndebourne supplement on the BBC Music Magazine app cover to cover.  Crivens.

No comments: