Last Christmas.



TV Aha, the good old midnight surprise announcement. Here's the Doctor Who News version with a larger commitment to the above picture with Peter giving it some Pertwee and Santa brandishing a satsuma.  Note Clara's wearing a nightgown and if this is her final adventure its an interesting contrast to Amy whose first trip in the TARDIS was also in nightwear.

As ever, no title goes without some other pop culture resonance and having a glance at the lyrics to the Wham song, it could just as well be a duet between Clara and the Doctor going over the main points again. Perhaps we'll get a He Said/She Said style spoken word version for the trailer. Here's how I think it'd carve up.


CLARA:
Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day 
you gave it away.
This year
To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

THE DOCTOR:
Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye.
Tell me, baby,
Do you recognize me?

CLARA:
Well,
It's been a year,
It doesn't surprise me

THE DOCTOR:
I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying, "I love you,"
I meant it.

CLARA:
Now I know what a fool I've been.
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again.

THE DOCTOR:
A crowded room,
Friends with tired eyes.

CLARA:
I'm hiding from you
And your soul of ice.
My god I thought you were 
someone to rely on.

The DOCTOR
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on.

CLARA:
A face on a lover 
with a fire in his heart.
A man under cover 
but you tore me apart, ooh-hoo.
Now I've found a real love, 
you'll never fool me again.

Well, yes, ok sort of.  "Baby" doesn't seem like Capaldi's thing at all.

No comments: