"I first watched Gilmore Girls around the same time I first saw my mum cry ..."

TV Lovely profile of Gilmore Girls by Abigail Radnor in The Guardian:
"I first watched Gilmore Girls around the same time I first saw my mum cry. I was 21, newly returned to Manchester after a year spent studying at an American university, and I was, as my mum would say, “full of it”: overflowing with excitement and not shutting up. She was driving and I was in the passenger seat; I had just picked up a set of photographs of the best year of my life, and was using them as visual prompts to enthuse about the friends I had made, the places I had been, the ludicrous frat parties I had gone to. Mum was silent for the most part, until she burst into tears. I was dumbstruck. There is nothing more terrifying than seeing the strongest person you know overcome by sadness. Eventually she said, “I am just so jealous”, words I could never have imagined she would say."
I had wondered why, other than budget, the new series was four 90 minutes episodes. Turns out the Palladinos like Sherlock.

No comments: