Theatre You might remember this review I posted last week. Because I've always been a fan of balanced reporting I thought I would off this email I received in response:
"Just to let you know I and several members of my family went to see 99 Heyworth Street on the 28th June and we enjoyed every minute. I must admit the sound system wasn't very good but the actors proved that they were talented as it didn't let it bother them. As with everthing people have to moan at any little thing but I want the cast to know that we travelled home to wigan with our minds taken back 50 odd years, thanks to them for that."
And thanks to Jeanette Potter for that rebuke. As I wrote back to her I posted the review not as a slight to the play (I never like to criticise things I haven't seen) but because of the extreme tone of the writing.

No comments: