Life Just because it's late and I'm in a silly mood I offer the following. Have you ever been invited to a party were you know only one person and the beer you’re drinking and found yourself sitting on the edge of a conversation which consists of weird phrases and sayings which seem to make no sense? The in-joke is the perfect way of expressing friendships but they can be bloody infuriating for everyone else. They tend to be most virulant at school or college, but even grown men of nearly thirty get a kick out of them. Here is a list of things which will only mean anything to about one of the people reading this now....

You ! Kitchens , my tea, off you go !
A large tomato called Geoffrey
Are you a border? You smell like one
Bambi
Games is not double skive
Hi, I’m Clive Dude
I don’t want no talking at the momeeeeeent
I’m not gay
The thing with the thing
Moonhead
My fwiend’s coming!
Neuter the masses
Bambi
Nicolabobble
Now boyz
It's a Greek word
Ceiling, floor, carpet, door, mug . . .
The idea of . . . the mud, the smell, the trench feet . . .
There’s no such thing as a generic term
The skinner
This is the video diary of Satan
What’s that red light flashing?
Where’s mee jumper?
Yoghurt
Zippy

I want to create another list which brings together in-jokes from throughout the readership. It'll be our list and something only we will understand. It could be anything, nicknames for teachers or friends or work colleagues, something which reminds you of that night out you had that time or just a moment when there was a meltdown and hilarity ensued. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, answers through the usual channels.

No comments: