Danny Morris, formerly of Eton Road at Liverpool Twestival


Liverpool Life Some of you pop culture archivists may be interested to see that the entertainment at Thursday night's Liverpool Twestival was -- well you can see from the title of the post. During the height of Eton Road's mania I passed through Lime Street and saw dozens of their female supporters wearing t-shirts seeing them onto a Virgin train bound for London and the following day's X-Factor.

It was a very good night, if slightly less manic than the first. It's far easier when you recognise faces, when you have the space between meetings to talk about, something in common, though I did find myself bashing a couple of people's ears off about Dollhouse and how I thought Derren Brown predicted the lottery numbers. Neverless I felt more relax and more confident, which is a very good thing.

The event raised £622.10 for Clatterbridge Hospital, which is a good thing too.

I produced a quiz for the night, but I think it might have been a bit too cryptic. The clue was mostly supposed to be in the question, but I suspect that you would also have needed to know what the inside of my brain looked like, which is something few people should dare to contemplate, especially me.

Just for fun, here are those questions. No googling! I'll post the answers tomorrow:

1. Whose poem adorns the fountain in Williamson Square?

2. In which century was Liverpool founded?

3. What was The Beatles’ first single?

4. What was ironic about the choice of Giles Gilbert Scott, the architect of the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral?

5. How did Norway feed Liverpool?

6. Who lived at 59 Rodney Street?

7. Who were W. E. Barclay and John McKenna?

8. What was the mascot of the International Garden Festival in 1984?

9. Who directed the film “Of Time and the City”, about his childhood living in Liverpool?

10. Where at this moment in Liverpool city centre will you find Major-General William Earle?

No comments: