The List:
8. Picture In An Exhibition.

Life In the middle of all the excitement last week, I received word that one of my photographs had been selected to appear in an exhibition for the Liverpool Echo's flickr group. The private view was this evening. Well private(ish). It's in the atrium at the Echo building, a huge glass and metal structure that resembles habitation areas in the underrated Michael Bay actioner The Island. Here is my picture as presented by the Echo's design team:



We were given badges to wear, which helped to identify who else was part of the group. Unlike Twitter, flickrers tend to use their own photos to identify themselves or other bits and bobs rather than their faces so there was less of the "Oh it's you factor" from simply regarding someone in the eye as happens at other web based gatherings like the Twestival. I still felt like a bit of a charlatan. The rest of the show is filled with amazing images of the city by people for whom this is a hobby and a love. I'm really just a happy snapper.



It is an unexpected pleasure to have a picture in an exhibition. Even though I know this blog is available for anyone to read, it feels less exposed than that photograph open to scrutiny by anyone passing through. I expect if you're a full time artist or photographer it's something you get used to very quickly. Like most people I do have a kind of imaginary list of things to do in life. Mine has two columns, the likely and the unlikely. It's always nice to be able to cross something off the unlikely column.

No comments: