"Staaarmaaakeeeerrrr."

TV A small nugget for old fans of The Kids from Fame, about the novelisation, from writer Stephen Gallagher (Doctor Who's Warrior's Gate and Terminus, Bugs and The Eleventh Hour):
"My slickest gig, I reckon, was the two Kids from Fame books, based on the '80s TV series. Twenty-six scripts arrived from MGM; the publisher's idea was that they'd make two books of 13 chapters each, one chapter per episode. Which clearly couldn't work because it would just be a compilation of synopses. So I split the scripts into two piles and combed through each, gathering elements for two new meta-stories. In 21 days I turned in two 50,000 word novels and picked up £4,000. They were published under the name of Lisa Todd; she got fanmail from kids in dance class, and I had to respond in character."

No comments: