Christmas Links #9


Links  Crikey Review 2010, take a step back.  Having enjoyed giving my opinion about things to the three people people who asked the year before and wanting to somehow post something every day in that December, I designated myself an "opinion engine" and solicited for people to suggest topics for me to offer a viewpoint on, and boy, did I.  Paragraphs and paragraphs of them, from this existential odyssey to this other existential odyssey.

Because inevitably I didn't get enough suggestions, I padded out the month with some book and films reviews and co-opted in a survey of that year's Doctor Who,  Christmas Carol (poor Abigail).  Doctor Who also inspired the post I'm highlighting, which was one of my few attempts at writing some Doctor Who fan fiction in which the Eleventh Doctor and Amy do battle with a rather troublesome alien rat which only a few months later did I realise was basically the same gag as Beep The Meep.

"It’s beginning to look a lot like, City A.M.’s annual Christmas sandwiches taste test!"

"Whether it’s trifle, mince pies or cake, turn ready-made products into home-made puddings this Christmas…"

"Coca-Cola is hoping that this holiday season, families will crack open some Cokes, settle into a comfy spot and watch its first Christmas Anthology film series."

"A parish church has been lit up by 47 festive trees at a town's first Christmas tree festival."

"I have more stuff than I want, need or have room for. But still I cling on to that trouser press my dad gave me many years ago."


"Newsreel documented the making of "the periodical with the world's biggest sale", the Radio Times Christmas edition."

"His Majesty the King broadcasts at 3.0 on Christmas afternoon following 'Christmas Journey,' the world-wide programme at 2.0 p.m."

"Wind Chill, for all intents and purposes, accomplished exactly what it was meant to when released back in 2007."

"A nine-year-old child just wants apples and a milky bar for Christmas, a heartbreaking list of requested festive presents has revealed."

No comments: