The scones have gone

Commerce Apart from the coffee and the Very Berry Scone, there have always been two other things I've always liked about Starbucks. The logo and the mugs. The scones have gone (or at least the original version which I loved) and now ...
"Starbucks' familiar chunky white mugs will disappear from its British stores this year as part of a major rebranding exercise that will also see the American company drop its name from its well-known logo."
The new logo keeps the mermaid but now looks like something ICI might have tried in the 80s. Along with the replacement of the mugs, this erodes their brand identity to a somewhat horrific degree. Well played.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I've never had the pleasure of having my Starbucks served in anything other than a paper cup. I wonder if the branding change will be in the US as well?