Columnists My general indifference to newspaper columnists has already been well documented, but I can't help bringing the state of the art in the Somoa Observer, where Pio Teofilo of East Timor who gets to grips with weighter issues than the usual 'my car won't start' / 'I'm looking a bit fat this week' stories which proliferate the Saturdays and Sundays: "Dear brothers and sister in Christ, well looking back to our journey of this year #1 of the prophesied timing, as I have been going on. There will be three more fortnights to the end of the year, after this one. And I am pretty sure we would all agree that there had been some steady positive progress all along the way, one way or another. One thing for sure thought, Samoa we are so blessed to be born in to the most wonderful and peaceful place on earth. I have no doubt of saying that after being to various countries like for now I am writing this script from Timor -(East)." Well you've got to admire his conviction....

No comments: