Life It's just been one of those weeks frankly. Apart from the late shifts (which have dissipated tonight for seven weeks thank goodness), yesterday I woke up for no apparent reason with a splitting headache, sweating and shaking. I managed to calm everything down long enough to watch a movie (the ponderous Traffaut movie Mississippi Mermain) but I still didn't feel right. But given my week off at the start of last month I didn't want to call in sick.

It was still relatively warm up here in the clouds, so when I dragged myself out to work I threw on a shirt over nothing. The street level was like Siberia. So now the cold is exacerbating whatever is wrong with me and I shiver all the way into work. My head feels like its going to explode as I sit through the two important meetings I had yesterday, monosyllabically trying to make contributions. By nine o'clock in the evening I'm starting to shiver uncontrollably. As I'm walking to the taxi home, it's cold, it's wet and it feels like its going to go on for the rest of my life. I'm in bed twenty minutes after I trip through the front door.

I wake up this morning absolutely fine, as though the illness of the day before never happened. As I sit typing now feeling another slight headache arrive (which I attribute to end of working week-itis) I can only guess as to what happened yesterday. My thought is that because my window was open in my bedroom overnight I caught some kind of chill. I didn't think that kind of thing happened anymore.

No comments: