(enough. enough now.)

Meme 1. What did you do in 2006 that you?d never done before?
Graduated.

2. Did you keep your new years? resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did, and I did not that anything came of it as usual (falling in love if you must know). Being offline more. As you can see I'm really keeping to it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Dad's brother-in-law on New Year's Eve.

5. What countries did you visit?
England.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A job.

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Graduation day. Obvious reason.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduated. Also managed to save up enough money to buy this. I have odd priorities.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Really there isn't enough memory in Blogger's own hard disks.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I banged my thumb with a hammer the other day putting up a picture.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My coffee maker.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Film Four for going free to view.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Katie Holmes.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Dvds, predictably.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The final mark for my dissertation.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
'Feels like Heaven To Me' -- Madeleine Peyroux

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier.
thinner or fatter? The same.
richer or poorer? Poorer.

18. What do you wish you?d done more of?
Reading.

19. What do you wish you?d done less of?
Doing nothing.

20. What was your favorite TV program?
Reruns of The West Wing.

21. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn?t dislike this time last year?
Tom Cruise.

22. What was the best book you read?
The Scarlett Empress by Paul Magrs.

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Madeleine Peyroux, Diana Krall, that crowd.

24. What did you want and get?
New experiences.

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Russian Dolls to be honest.

27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 32. Went to Manchester (I think).

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less travelling.

29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
White t-shirt and jeans. It's easy.

30. What kept you sane?
This blog.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rosario Dawson. Although Sophia Myles did make me catch my breath.

32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Most of anything really. Can no one get this stuff right?

33. Who did you miss?
You. You know who you are.

34. Who was the best new person you met?
You too. You know who you are.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006?
Be yoself, no matter where you go.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I say to myself
Self, why are you awake again? It's one a.m.
Standing with the fridge wide open, staring
Such a sight, florescent light
The stars are bright
Might make a wish, if I believed in that shit but
As it is, I might watch TV
Cause it's nice to see people more messed up than me
I say to myself, as I smile at the wall, just let myself fall

It's gonna be all right, no matter what they say
It's gonna be a good day, just wait and see
It's gonna be alright, cause I'm alright with me
It's gonna be, it's gonna be, it's gotta be"
-- 'Good Day' by Jewel Kilcher

[via]

No comments: