"That would be awful!"

Music An entertainingly absurd ramble with Jon Bon Jovi. Slippery When Wet was the first cd I bought with my own money. At the Our Price in Central Station. As we established yesterday, I'm old. So's he:
"You become that thing that you looked at your parents and the older people in your life, and said: 'No! I don't want to live to be that old! I don't want to!' But it's actually… much better than dying. And there are too many people that are my age, that are dying. God, I didn't want to be that! That would be awful! You can see why people get fat, grow old, give up! Because every day is: get up, do the same mundane shit. When you don't know anything more, and you don't see anything more, and you're not willing to open up your eyes and take a step in another direction… that treadmill would make any young man old."
Perhaps some musicians eventually inevitably become stuck in their own careers.

No comments: