Walford.

Art The artist Penelope Walford creates work inspired by the sea from her houseboat:
"I am probably best known for my large contemporary canvases of the Solent Forts (see prints) which I must admit I am a little obsessed with, and for incorporating the written word in my work, often using a scratchy vintage dip pen and ink to write directly on top of a painting.

"Living on a houseboat my work is inevitably sea-themed, and now that I have the space, mostly on a large scale, although I do still while away the odd hour at my old beach hut studio working on smaller pieces.

"As for my background, I have very little formal training having dropped out of art school in my youth, and barely touched a paintbrush again until I moved to the Isle of Wight some years ago.... however, since then I have been making up for lost time!"
She has exhibitions in the Isle of White throughout June and July.

No comments: